Flexible Scheduling – Taking a Class by Recording
- TPS credit for a TPS course assumes regular live attendance and participation.
- Occasional absence may be excused by parent notification to TPS and the teacher.
- Excessive consecutive or recurring absences may result in loss of TPS transcript credit for the course (unless the course is being taken as No TPS Credit (i.e., no TPS transcript) status).
- TPS College and AP courses may be taken by Recording Only to accommodate time zone or schedule constraints.
- For courses other than AP or College, on a case by case basis TPS may authorize in writing a student to take a class with reduced attendance or solely by recording while still receiving TPS Credit for the course.
AP and College Dual Credit Courses
- When you enroll in a TPS AP or TPS College course, you have the option to select Recording Only.
- You may choose this option if necessary to accommodate a time zone or other schedule constraint.
- TPS will review your enrollment and approve you for recording only (i.e., no live attendance) if you are academically prepared for the course but have a schedule or time zone conflict. We track and manage Recording Only enrollments so we can manage live class sizes for attending students.
- Recording Only is not an option for specific AP or College courses where the in-class participation is integral to the course, including spoken language courses and High Scholars.
- For TPS AP and TPS College courses where Recording Only is not an option, we require at least 50% attendance and participation to credit the course.
- If you have a schedule conflict that will limit your attendance but still allow you to attend at least 50% of the live classes, please request TPS Support authorization in writing prior to enrolling for the reduced attendance enrollment (credit will not be provided without the prior written agreement).
Recording Only for Other Courses (Special Cases)
- Except for TPS AP and College Dual Credit courses, Recording Only is usually not an option that can be chosen by the family at enrollment.
- In special cases, we will consider a Recording Only enrollment for other courses.
- Parent must request TPS Support authorization in writing prior to enrolling.
- We must have prior recent history with the student in TPS courses of the same subject area, so we may determine viability of the request.
- Will be considered only to accommodate a time zone or other constraint that precludes taking a course in any available section.
- Recording Only will not be considered for spoken language courses.
- We require at least 50% attendance and participation to credit the spoken language course. Even in No TPS Credit (i.e., no TPS transcript) status, it is academically inconsistent to provide a spoken language course without actual speaking.
- If you have a schedule conflict that will limit your attendance but still allow you to attend at least 50% of the live classes, please request TPS Support authorization in writing prior to enrolling to enrolling for the reduced attendance enrollment.