We do not want cost to keep families from participating in our classes, so we price our courses as low as we can to make them accessible to as many families as possible. However, we recognize that any cost is difficult for some families to bear. Thanks to the generosity of families, teachers, and other donors, we have a limited Tuition Assistance fund. We use it to provide Tuition Assistance to families in full-time ministry or in hardship situations.
Our Tuition Assistance is not a scholarship for a prearranged amount, but rather a gift to reduce the cost of courses already enrolled. Please do not enroll in courses with the expectation or “requirement” for tuition assistance as a prerequisite for taking the course. Please consider it a gift if we are able to provide tuition assistance to offset costs you were expecting to pay. At the end of the summer we review all the applications and distribute the available assistance funds for that year as wisely as we can across those applications.
Before requesting Tuition Assistance, please consider:
- We provide no more than half of the tuition for a course.
- We do not consider summer courses for Tuition Assistance.
- In making decisions regarding distribution of limited Tuition Assistance funds, we also consider a family’s enrollment history, including how many courses they take from TPS, student work ethic, grades, courses not completed, and other factors that help us assess the real value of the courses (and the assistance) to the family.
- We require families who receive assistance to pay their portion first (up front and on time), and we also consider payment plans.
- If a course receiving Tuition Assistance is dropped before completion, the gifted funding is removed prior to calculating final tuition and fees. Families should not request or accept assistance for a course they are not fully committed to completing.
Please do not request Tuition Assistance until you have (1) enrolled and are in Held Seats (not Wait List seats) in all your courses, (2) received readiness verification for all your courses, and (3) paid your Family Registration Fee and initial tuition payments.
Applications must be received with all of the required information by September 1 to be considered for that academic year. Gifts are applied and applicants are notified prior to the November 15.
If you wish to be considered for tuition assistance, please submit an application by completing the linked survey.