TPS opens enrollment starting in the spring (late March) to allow for careful planning and informed decisions prior to enrollment commitments.
- TPS carefully plans courses and hires teachers (if needed) during the winter in preparation for spring enrollment. We also plan ahead for adding new classes if the need arises during enrollment so we do not overfill classes or run out of critical seats prior to the start of classes.
- Most families are not ready to make final enrollment or schedule decisions until late spring or early summer. TPS encourages families to plan and execute all their enrollments carefully and without pressure. Our enrollment planning and timeline avoids families being pressured to enroll hastily or hoard seats as contingencies prior to making final decisions.
TPS enrollment opens for different groups at different times. Overseas Enrollment is first, followed by Multiple Course Enrollment, Returning Family Enrollment, and Open Enrollment. The enrollment groups and current dates are defined below.
Class Schedules available: Before 6:00 pm US ET March 22, 2022 (Note 1)
TPS Staff Early Enrollment opens: 6:00 pm US ET March 29, 2022 (Note 2)
TPS Diploma Partnership Early Enrollment opens: 6:00 pm US ET March 29, 2022 (Note 3)
Overseas Early Enrollment opens: 6:00 pm US ET March 29, 2022 (Note 4)
Multiple Course Early Enrollment opens: 6:00 pm US ET March 31, 2022 (Note 5)
Returning Family Early Enrollment opens: 6:00 pm US ET April 11, 2022 (Note 6)
Open Enrollment for all families opens: 6:00 pm US ET April 19, 2022 (Note 7)
Note 1: After the schedule is posted, classes may be added to the Enrollment Cart at any time (even prior to enrollment opening).
Note 2: TPS Staff Early Enrollment is open to TPS teachers and staff for enrolling their own children.
Note 3: TPS Diploma Partnership Enrollment is open to families who have at least one student in the TPS Diploma Partnership and are enrolling that student in the courses of the approved diploma plan. All students in the family may be enrolled at this time.
Note 4: Overseas Enrollment is open to families who will live outside the four continental U.S. time zones for a significant part of the school year. Seats enrolled under this agreement will be treated as a package, so that dropping one later may result in multiple seats being dropped with drop fees assessed on all of them. Summer courses may be enrolled at this time. TPS staff and teachers may also enroll at this time.
Note 5: Multiple Course Enrollment is open to families who commit to paying at least US$2200 in tuition for courses during the regular school year (August through May), with the understanding that dropping below this commitment later may also require giving up high-demand seats to other waiting students. Seats enrolled under this agreement will be treated as a package, so that dropping one later may result in multiple seats being dropped with drop fees assessed on all of them. Summer courses may be enrolled at this time, but they do not count toward the $2200.
Note 6: Returning Family Enrollment is open to families completing one or more courses during the school year immediately prior to the enrollment year.
Note 7: Open Enrollment is open to all families in good academic and financial standing with TPS and requires no special commitments or packages.
Before enrolling, please carefully review the Enrollment Agreement, and please be ready to immediately submit placement materials for any class that requires them from you. Enrollments without placement materials are dropped with no advance notification (and you may enroll again when ready).
- To enroll, log into your family account. (If you have not registered your family yet, you can do that from the same page. Registration is free and requires just your family email and name.)
- Add your students, including names and graduation years (if you know their planned grad years). You must add students before adding classes because you will enroll a specific student into each class.
- Set your family’s time zone so the class times will display in your local time when you are choosing classes. (If your locale does not observe U.S. Daylight Savings Time, the Course Catalog will even show you how class times will shift throughout the year with U.S. DST and your local DST).
- In the Course Catalog, select the grades of your students so you reduce the list to just the courses you can consider. Then filter by category (subject) and apply any other filters you want to narrow and expand your search.
- As you find courses you want, add each course to your Cart. Each time you add a course to your Cart you will be asked to choose a specific class section for a specific student.
- You may add classes and remove them from your Cart until you have the enrollment schedule you like. Your Cart is saved indefinitely until you enroll.
- When you have your Cart ready with the schedule you want, enroll the Cart. You will be asked to review and confirm the list of classes and students, and then confirm the enrollment.
- Immediately after you enroll, you will receive two automated emails for each course.
- One email discusses scheduling and payment for that specific seat. Please review it to verify correct class and time.
- One email discusses placement and Teacher Approval for the course. Please carefully follow any guidance to submit placement information, tests, essays or other work specified.
- Submit any required placement documents (e.g., placement tests, questionnaires, essays) promptly (immediately within the same day) after enrolling (no extensions, sorry!).
- You will receive a separate email when you have Placement Approval for the course.
- The Placement Approval is for the student in the course, and so you will not need it again if you switch class sections for that student in that course.
- Note: You must be enrolled in a course prior to submitting placement materials for that course because the placement documents are submitted from the family account by first selecting that enrolled seat to upload the placement documents.
- After you have Placement Approval Approval for a Held Seat in a class, make your first payment by eCheck (preferred) or credit card. You may also request a Special Payment Plan by emailing [email protected].
- Please do not pay for a Wait List seat (there is never a fee for a Wait List seat).
- Please do not pay for a Held Seat in a course until you have Placement Approval for that course.
- You may drop a class yourself from your family account within the first week of enrolling in that class. If you drop all classes and want to request removal of the Registration Fee, please write to TPS Support ([email protected]).
Assistance is just a click away using the chat feature on every page of our website. The Course Catalog link below will open a new browser tab or page so you can refer back here.