TPS provides elementary through college courses that integrate scholarship and biblical faith in excellence. Every subject — Writing, Humanities, Math, Science, etc. — has knowledge and skills goals that can be planned, taught, and evaluated, at every level of every subject. TPS courses work from clearly-stated objectives, that are planned, taught, and evaluated at each level, to provide a smooth path to complete college readiness in every subject.
How does TPS choose its textbooks?
We have an experienced team that reviews the content of each major text or resource. We look for:
- Scope and level: Does it cover the topics needed in sufficient depth for success in later courses?
- Scholarship: Does it present a full and current range of data and source research on a given topic?
- Academic Integrity: Does it present and reference data separately from interpretation, and then consider a reasonable range of interpretations of the data?
- Biblical worldview: Does it allow biblical faith and academic scholarship to be integrated, or does it force them in opposition?
- Age Appropriate: For younger learners, does it unnecessarily expose them to ambiguous or mature content? For older students preparing for college and career, does it fail to provide sufficient careful exposure to and wise consideration of the range of situations and ideas they will encounter?
- Coherence: Does it merge well with the courses that come before and after it, so progression is a smooth slope upward from Elementary through College?
- Learning Resources: Does it offer good additional media resources to support the home learner, who is relying heavily on self-study?
- Evaluation: Does it support regular testing and evaluation to make sure students are progressing, and that students can see their own progress?
There is no perfect or ideal textbook, and we choose the best one for our goals of preparing students for college and career with faith and scholarship integrated together. We supplement where necessary to achieve this standard. And we provide expert teaching to guide the critical study and analysis of all the texts and resources we use.
Does TPS use “secular” texts or “Christian” texts?
We teach all courses from a biblical worldview that academically integrates faith and scholarship. We choose the best overall text for the scope and objectives of the course using the criteria listed above without prioritizing one author or publisher over another. All major texts are listed in the details for each course so they may be reviewed prior to enrolling.
Does TPS favor certain publishers or programs?
TPS is not an extension of or subordinate to any publisher or external organization. We don’t receive payments or royalties from any products, including textbooks or digital courseware. When we choose a text, it is because we consider it to be the best text for our goals and standards with a price point that is reasonable for our students. We don’t sell products for a profit, and we do not allow advertising. We are free to pursue our primary goal of providing elementary through college courses that integrate scholarship and biblical faith in excellence.
How do students obtain textbooks for TPS courses?