As a non-profit organization, we charge only what we need to perform our services. Therefore we don’t offer package deals or gimmicky discounts. We also want families to be fully aware of all costs prior to enrolling.
Tuition. Tuition varies by course, depending on the level of the course and the amount of individual feedback provided by the course. Tuition amounts can be found in the course details in the Course Catalog.
We offer Tuition Assistance to families raising support to serve in remote locations, and to single mothers of limited means. Please see this information for details.
Books and Materials. Our Tuition and Fees do not cover books and materials. Families must purchase these separately. We provide a complete list of required books (by ISBN) and major materials for each course in the course details, to help families make informed enrollment decisions and wise shopping decisions.
Family Enrollment Fee. There is an Enrollment Fee each year for each enrolled family, including returning families. This fee of $60 is due with the initial Tuition payment for that year. It does not apply toward tuition and is generally non-refundable once a family holds approved seats for that year.
We understand the financial challenges of having multiple students in school at the same time, particularly for large families. Therefore, we do not charge individual student enrollment fees.
Reservation (Drop) Fee. TPS limits class sizes by reserving and holding seats for enrolled approved students, making that seat unavailable to other students, often months in advance of the course starting. The Reservation (Drop) Fee is a suspended fee that is applied only if the course is dropped after enrollment but prior to completing the course and paying the full tuition. It does not apply to Wait List seats (there are no fees for holding a Wait List spot). See Dropped Courses below for details.
Refund Processing Fee. Except in limited cases, there is a Refund Processing Fee for all refunds, to cover the cost that banks charge us for the transactions. See Refunds below for details.
We intend the enrollment placement and seating process to be risk-free for families. We do not want any payment for a course until the student has an approved (Teacher Approval) held (not Wait List) seat in that course.
Forms of Payment. We prefer payment by eCheck and we also accept payment by credit card. We do not accept paper checks, including paper checks sent by bill pay services. The first payment for a class is due after the teacher has provided Teacher Approval for placement in the course. All payments are made on-line. We do not process payments by phone, email or postal mail.
Payment Plans. We are sensitive to the challenge of paying in full for multiple classes at one time, so we have a standard payment schedule for each term. Families can also arrange a customized payment plan. We do not charge additional fees or percentages for payment plans. We send email reminders and invoices as a courtesy, but families are responsible for tracking their own payments and paying on time.
Families paying using the standard payment schedule or a customized payment plan must make each payment on-line when it is due. We do not automatically charge credit cards or eCheck accounts. When making a payment under a plan, the payment is applied to the entire Balance Due, not to particular courses (see Refunds and Payment Plans below).
We understand that circumstances change and other opportunities arise, and we want to reasonably accommodate those changes. Before dropping a course, please review these Audit and Drop Options.
We encourage families considering withdrawing from a course to notify us prior to deciding, because we have proven successful at helping with alternatives that are in the better interest of the student. This approach also avoids fees associated with a drop.
Grace Period. We provide a seven-day grace period after enrolling in a course, during which a family may without charge drop that course from their family account page.
Pro-rated Tuition. For courses started then dropped prior to completion, Tuition will be pro-rated for the number of weeks from the start of the class to the drop date, with the remaining Tuition refunded. Reservation (Drop) Fees and Refund Processing Fees may also apply (see below).
Reservation (Drop) Fee
- Reservation (Drop) Fees apply only to seats held for more than seven days (the Grace Period) then dropped prior to completion of the course.
- Reservation (Drop) Fees do not apply to Wait List seats (there are no fees for holding a Wait List spot).
- Reservation (Drop) Fees can be avoided.
- Research the course and resolve questions before you enroll.
- Resolve schedule and time zone conflicts before you enroll.
- Switch sections rather than drop. Switching to an open section in the same course is free.
- Reservation (Drop) Fees may be reduced or waived.
- Reservation (Drop) Fees may be held on credit. If the student enrolls in the same course the following year, the Drop Fee is returned for full credit.
- Reservation (Drop) may be reduced or waived at TPS discretion if the student enrolls in another TPS course in the same subject.
- Reservation (Drop) may be reduced at TPS discretion if the student enrolls in another TPS course in a different subject.
- Reservation (Drop) Fees will usually be waived at TPS discretion for unexpected change of circumstances (e.g., medical, time zone relocation) that make it impossible for the student to take the course in any section or mode TPS can offer. (Student schedule or preference changes, or other discretionary decisions or priorities, do not meet criteria for a waiver.)
- Reservation (Drop) Fees are calculated and limited as follows:
- For drops prior to the start of a class, the Reservation (Drop) Fee is calculated by counting the number of calendar days from the date the seat is enrolled to the date of the drop request.
- For drops after the start of a class, the Reservation (Drop) Fee is calculated by counting the number of calendar days from the date the seat is enrolled to the start date of the class. The Reservation (Drop) Fee is calculated in addition to the pro-rated tuition.
- Reservation Drop Fee
- Summer Term class: $.50 per day, up to a maximum of 1/2 the tuition for the course.
- Full Year Term class: $1.00 per day, up to a maximum of 1/2 the tuition for the course.
- Fall Term class: $.50 per day, up to a maximum of 1/2 the tuition for the course.
- Spring Term class: $.25 per day, up to a maximum of 1/2 the tuition for the course.
- The drop request must be sent in writing to [email protected].
We want families to be pleased with our service, and we prefer not to retain money from a dissatisfied customer. Here is our satisfaction and refund policy.
Failure to Deliver. If we determine that we cannot deliver or have failed to deliver academically or technically what we have committed, we will cheerfully refund all monies paid and charge no fees.
Mutual Satisfaction. We seek to maintain a mutually agreeable and effective partnership with each family. If a family refuses to accept any part of Tuition and Fees that we consider to be reasonable and appropriate for that situation, we will fully refund the family, to maintain our own integrity and avoid financial disputes. However, if we also determine that we no longer have an effective working relationship with a family, we may withdraw that family from all classes, return unused tuition and fees for the year, and ask the family not to enroll again.
Refunds and Payment Plans. Because we support no-fee payment plans (see above), each payment is applied to the entire Balance Due, not to particular courses. Therefore, there are no refunds on payments until the entire Balance Due is paid and the invoice reflects a credit (Balance Owed) to the customer.
Refund Processing Fee. Except in the limited cases specified above, there is a Refund Processing Fee for all refunds, to cover the cost that banks charge us for the transactions. This fee is 3% of the refund amount plus $10.