As a non-profit organization, we charge only what we need to perform our services. Therefore we don’t offer package deals or gimmicky discounts. We also want families to be fully aware of all costs prior to enrolling.
Tuition. Tuition varies by course, depending on the level of the course and the amount of individual feedback provided by the course. Tuition amounts can be found in the course details in the Course Catalog.
We offer Tuition Assistance to families in supported full-time ministry or some hardship situations. Please see this information for details.
Books and Materials. Our Tuition does not cover books and materials, but some courses have a materials fee that covers major textbooks, digital courseware, or both. We provide a complete list of required books (by ISBN) and major materials for each course in the course details, to help families make informed enrollment decisions and wise shopping decisions.
Family Enrollment Fee. There is an administrative fee each year for each enrolled family, including returning families. This fee of $60 is due with the initial tuition payment for that year. It does not apply toward tuition and is generally non-refundable once a family holds approved seats for that year.
We appreciate the financial challenges of having multiple students in school at the same time, particularly for large families. Therefore, we do not charge individual student enrollment fees.
Reservation (Drop) Fee. TPS limits class sizes by reserving and holding seats for enrolled approved students, making that seat unavailable to other students, often months in advance of the course starting. The Reservation (Drop) Fee is a suspended fee that is applied only if the course is dropped after enrollment but prior to completing the course and paying the full tuition. It does not apply to Wait List seats (there are no fees for holding a Wait List spot). See Dropped Courses below for details.
Refund Processing Fee. Except in limited cases, there is a Refund Processing Fee for all refunds, to cover the cost that banks charge us for the transactions. See our Refund Policy for details.
We intend the enrollment placement and seating process to be risk-free for families. We do not want any payment for a course until the student has an approved (Teacher Approval) held (not Wait List) seat in that course.
Forms of Payment. We prefer payment by eCheck and we also accept payment by credit card. We do not accept paper checks, including paper checks sent by bill pay services. The first payment for a class is due after the teacher has provided Teacher Approval for placement in the course. All payments are made online. We do not process payments by phone, email or postal mail.
Payment Plans. We are sensitive to the challenge of paying in full for multiple classes at one time, so we have a standard payment schedule for each term. Families can also arrange a customized payment plan. We do not charge additional fees or percentages for payment plans. We send email reminders and invoices as a courtesy, but families are responsible for tracking their own payments and paying on time.
Families paying using the standard payment schedule or a customized payment plan must make each payment online when it is due. We do not automatically charge credit cards or eCheck accounts. When making a payment under a plan, the payment is applied to the entire Balance Due, not to particular courses (see Refunds and Payment Plans below).
When a family account is underpaid or unpaid, we will make reasonable efforts by email to reach the family to work out payment. If this is not successful, we will regretfully place the account in arrears. This blocks access to all current and past courses and records associated with the account. To restore access, the family must make past due payments and notify TPS. TPS is not responsible for any academic or transcript losses, damages or injuries that may result from temporary or permanent loss of access to classes or records due to failure to make on-time payments.
We understand that circumstances change and other opportunities arise, and we want to reasonably accommodate those changes. Before dropping a course, please review these Audit and Drop Options.
We encourage families considering withdrawing from a course to notify us prior to deciding, because we have proven successful at helping with alternatives that are in the better interest of the student. This approach also avoids fees associated with a drop.
Grace Period. We provide a seven-day grace period after enrolling in a course, during which a family may without charge drop that course from their family account page.
Pro-rated Tuition. For courses started then dropped prior to completion, Tuition will be pro-rated for the number of weeks from the start of the class to the drop date, with the remaining Tuition refunded. Reservation (Drop) Fees and Refund Processing Fees may also apply (see below).
Reservation (Drop) Fee
- Reservation (Drop) Fees apply only to seats held for more than seven days (the Grace Period) then dropped prior to completion of the course.
- Reservation (Drop) Fees do not apply to Wait List seats (there are no fees for holding a Wait List spot).
- Reservation (Drop) Fees can be avoided.
- Research the course and resolve questions before you enroll.
- Resolve schedule and time zone conflicts before you enroll.
- Switch sections rather than drop. Switching to an open section in the same course is free.
- Reservation (Drop) Fees may be reduced or waived.
- Reservation (Drop) Fees may be held on credit. If the student enrolls in the same course the following year, the Drop Fee is returned for full credit.
- Reservation (Drop) may be reduced or waived at TPS discretion if the student enrolls in another TPS course in the same subject.
- Reservation (Drop) may be reduced at TPS discretion if the student enrolls in another TPS course in a different subject.
- Reservation (Drop) Fees will usually be waived at TPS discretion for unexpected change of circumstances (e.g., medical, time zone relocation) that make it impossible for the student to take the course in any section or mode TPS can offer. (Student schedule or preference changes, or other discretionary decisions or priorities, do not meet criteria for a waiver.)
- Reservation (Drop) Fees are calculated and limited as follows:
- For drops prior to the start of a class, the Reservation (Drop) Fee is calculated by counting the number of calendar days from the date the seat is enrolled to the date of the drop request.
- For drops after the start of a class:
- The Reservation (Drop) Fee is calculated by counting the number of calendar days from the date the seat is enrolled to the start date of the class.
- The Reservation (Drop) Fee is calculated in addition to the pro-rated tuition, but the Reservation (Drop) Fee plus the pro-rated tuition cannot exceed the full tuition of the course.
- Reservation (Drop) Fee Calculations
- Summer Term class: $.50 per day, up to a maximum of 1/2 the tuition for the course.
- Full Year Term class: $1.00 per day, up to a maximum of 1/2 the tuition for the course.
- Fall Term class: $.50 per day, up to a maximum of 1/2 the tuition for the course.
- Spring Term class: $.25 per day, up to a maximum of 1/2 the tuition for the course.
- The drop request must be sent in writing to [email protected].
Please see the Refund Policy for details on overpayments, credits and refunds.