“Studying for this class was a joy, and the biblical worldview with which it is taught gives history its meaning!” Eunice T (student)
“I never thought this class would teach me so much about the way the world is working today” Reilly K (student)
“The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof,
the world and those who dwell therein” Ps 24:1
Psalm 24 provides a foundation and framework for study of History and Social Studies within TPS, resulting in several academic commitments:
- The entire world is God’s world.
- All happenings are under God’s plan.
- All people are created in God’s image.
We emphasize study of original context so we can better understand things removed from our own time and situation, and more wisely consider lessons learned from them. TPS History, Government and Social Science courses are also academically distinguished by their emphasis on research and essay writing. A student who takes a well-planned set of TPS History and Social Studies courses will have unparalleled preparation for college and career with a global understanding and potential for worldwide impact.
More information is here, with selected courses linked below.
College Dual Credit
- College Western Civilization (3 college dual credits)
- College U.S. History (3 college dual credits)
- College Contemporary World History (3 college dual credits)
- AP Psychology (College Psychology) (3 college dual credits)
- AP World History -Modern
- AP European History
- AP U.S. History
- AP Comparative Government and Politics
- AP U.S. Government and Politics
- AP Human Geography
- AP Macroeconomics and Microeconomics (two courses in one year)
- AP Psychology (College Psychology)
- World History and Cultures
- Eastern Empires – History of Asia and Middle East
- U.S. History for High School
- U.S. Government and Politics
- U.S. Government (Civics) and Economics
- World Geography
- U.S. Government (one semester)
- Economics (one semester)
- TPS also offers many elementary school courses, including three Elementary Humanities that combine History and Literature for our young students.
- Please see our Elementary courses.
Combined or “Classical” Courses
- TPS also offers many classical-style courses that combine History and Literature for two HS credits and a 24-credit two-year college dual credit High Scholars program.
- Please see our Classical Integrated Humanities courses.
“This course was awesome. I came into the course knowing too little about U.S. Government, and I left it feeling like my knowledge on the subject had increased 100-fold.”
Zaid A (student)
“This course is great! I learned more about U.S. History in this course than I thought possible. I thoroughly enjoyed this course, and learned a lot!”
Halena H (student)
About TPS (at-tps.org)
- Online classes since 1997
- Grades 4 to 12
- Complete curriculum or à la carte
- Live interactive classes
- Top scholarship + biblical worldview
- Timely effective teacher feedback
- AP® courses with top scores
- College dual credit courses
- Dual credit classical program
- Accredited HS transcript option
- NCAA approved