Homeschool science courses satisfy high school requirements but are often not competitive for a college application. Reasons include incomplete scope and topics, lack of proper lab skills and practices, informal lab reports, and others. This is a concern for any application to a competitive college, and particularly for an aspiring STEM major. By contrast, TPS science courses are exceptional: academically complete, preparatory, and competitive, with a fully integrated biblical worldview.
What makes TPS science courses exceptional?
- TPS science courses are expertly designed to provide complete instruction (all the topics), credible objective evaluation, and lab skills and reporting that meet expectations of competitive colleges and prepare students (including STEM majors) for college science courses on campus.
- TPS science courses are taught with a biblical worldview framework that respects scriptural authority and individual faith.
Our science courses are also designed coherently in a progressive sequence. At each level (elementary through AP/college), our courses build on the prior level and prepare for the next level.
- Instill delight in God’s design of the natural world.
- Hands-on discovery activities build a foundation for lab work in later courses.
- Integrated biblical worldview that defers specific Bible doctrine instruction to each family.
Middle School Science
- TPS Life Science specifically prepares students to excel in TPS HS Biology and TPS upper HS life sciences.
- TPS Physical Science specifically prepares students to excel in TPS HS Chemistry, Physics, and TPS upper HS physical sciences.
- Formal labs are introduced and developed in preparation for HS credit lab science courses.
High School Science
- Biology and Chemistry — the two HS lab courses expected by every college — are offered at both standard and honors levels.
- Each lab science course develops rigorous lab skills and formal lab reporting so homeschool students are confidently ready for college lab courses.
- Biology may be taken in grade 8 to allow for more advanced and AP science credits in upper high school.
- TPS AP science students earn the most competitive scores on AP exams, well above other schools and course providers.
Use TPS science courses to prepare for college and build your best transcript. Enroll individually, or enroll with a friend and arrange to be lab partners (even if you are in different sections of the course).
About TPS (at-tps.org)
- Online classes since 1997
- Grades 4 to 12
- Complete curriculum or à la carte
- Live interactive classes
- Top scholarship + biblical worldview
- Timely effective teacher feedback
- AP® courses with top scores
- College dual credit courses
- High Scholars program (24 college credits)
- Honors courses
- Accredited transcripts
- Diploma (standard or honors) option
- NCAA approved