discipleship • scholarship • excellence
Fostering academic excellence and biblical virtue to equip students for lives as local and global Christian servants.
“As a student who has been a homeschooler for my entire life, I can say with great ease that TPS is the absolute greatest way to educate online. I have been through many, many curriculums but none come close to what TPS provides.”
– Turner (TPS Student)
Get to know us by reviewing our mission, distinctives, biblical worldview, school profile, social and community opportunities, student profile, credentials, and more.
Build your short range or long range academic plan for a single subject or multiple subjects. Browse, search, filter, and compare our nearly 200 courses. Discover courses you may not know about to meet your requirements, goals, and interests. Get all the details for courses of interest.
How TPS courses work, understanding course prerequisites, options you can choose when you enroll, when you may enroll, how to enroll, obtaining books and materials, and pretty much anything else you need to know to manage your enrollments and courses.
New to TPS?
If your family is new to TPS, we welcome the opportunity to meet with you. We offer open houses each week for you to get to know us and individual meetings with new families to provide helpful orientation, academic advising, course selection and placement assistance, and general support to help make your entry experience personal and successful.
Academic Advising / Planning
Expert friendly help with choosing courses for one or more students in any subjects, academic planning for one or multiple years, meeting state or national requirements, planning your transcript to meet individual goals, or preparing for competitive colleges or scholarships.
Schools and Co-ops
Are you a school or co-op that needs specific courses to round out your curriculum? Consider a school partnership with TPS. You get adjustable course requirements, dedicated class times, weekly reports to the school, reduced fees, and more.
Learn more about the in-person homeschool graduation ceremony TPS provides each year.
Learn more about the awesome summer camp for TPS students, parents, teachers, and staff.
“TPS isn’t just a school, it’s a safe community for Christian kids. Not only did TPS give me a wonderful high school education, it gave me a chance to meet other homeschoolers my age. Over the years I have formed very close friendships with people from all over the world. I have found Christian teens who have blessed me and impacted my life on so many levels. I’m so thankful that TPS is a perfect environment in which I can build life-long friendships.”
– Emma (TPS Student)
Teach With TPS!
Join our collaborative team of dedicated teachers. Apply to teach our core courses or propose a new course to teach.
Our mission is fostering academic excellence and biblical virtue to equip students for lives as local and global Christian servants.
TPS was founded in 1997 in the early days of homeschooling when the movement was focused on seeking excellence in Christian education in all subjects for all students. Though homeschooling has changed, TPS’s mission and core values have remained the same. Please review Our History to learn more.
TPS is accredited as an independent private school for grades 4-12 by the Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools (MSA-CESS). Accreditation as a school (versus a “learning provider” or “course provider”) requires additional standards of coherence in our curriculum and demonstrated accomplishment of our academic outcomes. These credentials allow us to confer accredited high school diplomas and provide enhanced benefits for the U.S. homeschool community and independent students worldwide.
- TPS is uniquely established as a non-profit accredited independent Christian school providing live online classes for U.S. homeschool and international students worldwide.
- TPS courses thoroughly integrate high academic standards with a comprehensive biblical worldview.
- TPS courses support individual homeschool values by offering Our Courses, Your Way with adjustable credit options.
- TPS offers extensive (and secure) student life opportunities like hanging out after class, studying together, worshipping together, getting involved in clubs, posting your yearbook page, writing for the school newspaper, and more.
- TPS offers an optional Diploma Partnership for homeschool students who want to maximize their opportunities to apply to competitive colleges or for competitive scholarships, or who are required by their regional laws to be in an accredited diploma program.
Please review Our Distinctives to learn more.
TPS certified AP courses provide excellent AP exam preparation while integrating a uncompromised biblical worldview into every AP course subject. Most of our student earn scores of 4 or 5 on their AP exams, and nearly all earn 3 or higher (depending on the college, a score of 3, 4, or 5 is needed to receive credit for the AP exam score). Our students reach their AP exam score credit goals without compromising their faith.
- Highest scores. TPS AP students earn the highest AP Exam scores each year so they gain the most competitive rankings with colleges and earn the most widely useful college credit.
- Individual goals met. TPS uniquely helps you identify and accomplish your individual AP exam score goal (3, 4, or 5) for each course and exam.
- Flexible scheduling. TPS AP courses may be taken by recorded classes (i.e., without live attendance) for students with schedule or time zone conflicts.
- Direct college credit. Some TPS AP courses are also eligible for direct college credit without taking the exam.
- Accredited transcript. TPS provides an accredited transcript to report your certified AP course to your colleges or scholarships (AP course providers for homeschool often cannot provide an accredited transcript to boost your competitive application).
- Biblical worldview. TPS AP courses combine top scholarship with an uncompromised biblical worldview.
TPS college dual credit courses are full year courses that offer high school credit from TPS and university credit from Belhaven University. It is optional whether you register and pay for the college credits, and you do not decide until the second half of the full year course. You get to see how you are doing in the course before you commit to the college credit fees and create a permanent college grade record.
- Dual credit optional. With TPS College dual credit courses, you register and pay for the college credits in the second half of the course. You have the option to complete the course as only a high school credit without the college record and fees.
- Full-year top-quality live classes taught by our master teachers with timely effective feedback and ample evaluated opportunities to build a good course grade over a year.
- Other college dual credit courses are usually one semester, covering less material at a faster pace with less instruction, less feedback, and with all the course grade weight on a few high-value assignments.
- Other courses offered by colleges to high school students are often taught by part-time adjuncts with little or no involvement from the college’s academic departments.
- Flexible scheduling. TPS College courses may be taken by recorded classes (i.e., without live attendance) for students with schedule or time zone conflicts.
- Cost-effective. The TPS College dual credit option adds a relatively small cost to the high school tuition, for a lower total cost than you can find nearly anywhere, especially compared with the university level credit offered by TPS College courses.
- Biblical worldview. TPS AP College dual credit combine top scholarship with an uncompromised biblical worldview.
TPS Elementary classes instill a love of learning while teaching foundational academic skills. They are delightful while they also accomplish measurable objectives based on what the student needs for starting a smooth progression toward high school success. In particular, TPS Elementary writing and math are unmatched in effectiveness for these two most foundational subjects where a strong early start is important.
- Exceptional Writing and Math preparation. TPS is unmatched in effectiveness for these two most foundational subjects where a strong early start is important.
- Instill a love of learning while teaching foundational academic skills. TPS Elementary classes are delightful as they also accomplish measurable objectives based on what the student needs for starting a smooth progression toward high school success.
- Live online interactive classes in secure classrooms with engaging audio-visual instruction features.
- Build independent study skills so that by grade 7 most students can work on their own with limited supervision.
- Reading, Writing, Grammar, Math (standard and accelerated), Science, Literature, History, Geography, Art, Spanish, and more!
- Introductory and Online Study Skills course specialized for grades 5-7.
- Build your complete curriculum or choose one or more individual courses for grades 4 and up.
- Get school done while freeing busy parents for other family priorities.
TPS offers writing, math, and study skills summer classes to prepare you for the coming year or fill gaps from the prior year. TPS summer classes feature relaxed attendance and assignments so you can also enjoy your summer break.
TPS offers a wide range of courses, including a selection of integrated lit, history, and comp courses in a classical style. We also offer excellent math and science courses, which may be taken as part of a larger TPS curriculum or with an outside humanities program (math, science, and STEM courses are usually not strong elements of a classical curriculum).