TPS Elementary School Classes – Uniquely Instructive and Enjoyable!
TPS Elementary courses are uniquely instructive and enjoyable for our younger learners at home. Highlights include:
- Build your complete curriculum or choose one or more individual courses for grades 5 and 6, extending to precocious grade 4 students.
- Reading, Writing, Grammar, Literature and History (integrated), Math (standard and accelerated), Geography, Art, Music — even French and Spanish!
- Live online interactive classes in secure classrooms with engaging audio-visual features, including safe purposeful use of cameras by teachers for demonstrations to engage younger students in their learning.
- Instill a love of learning while also teaching foundational academic skills, including skills specific to each subject.
- Build independent study skills so that by grade 7 most students can work on their own with limited supervision.
- Get school done while freeing busy parents for other family priorities.
Build your own plan or give us your list of courses and we’ll build one for your approval. We can also help you choose the right academic (grade) level course in each subject to match the unique strengths of each of your individual students.
Study and Online Skills
Grades 5-7: Introductory Study and Online Skills
Grades 5-6: Elementary Grammar
Grades 6-8 (Summer): Grammar Foundations for Elementary and Middle School Writing
Grade 4: Reading to Learn 4
Grade 5: Reading in Action 5
Grade 6: Reading in Action 6
Grade 5: Writing 5 Adventures
Grade 6 (Summer): Writing for Elementary School
Grade 6: Writing 6 Exploration
TPS offers Elementary Math (i.e, Math prior to Pre-Algebra) in two tracks: Accelerated and Fundamentals. Both tracks are thorough preparation for Pre-Algebra, the transitional course that bridges a student from concrete to abstract in preparation for Algebra and beyond.
Math Accelerated: More advanced topics in greater depth
Grade 4: Math Accelerated 4
Grade 5: Math Accelerated 5
Grade 6: Math Accelerated 6
Note: Strong Math Accelerated 6 students may skip Pre-Algebra and go straight to Algebra.
Math Fundamentals: Solid foundation for Pre-Algebra or Pre-Algebra (Honors)
Grades 5-6: Math Fundamentals 5
Grades 6-7: Math Fundamentals 6
TPS offers a complete Elementary Science curriculum, covering life sciences and physical sciences.
Grade 4: Elementary Science – Discovering God’s Heaven and Earth
Grades 5-6: Elementary Science – Discovering God’s Living World (*)
Grades 5-6: Elementary Science – Discovering God’s Physical World (*)
Grades 6-7: Introduction to General Science
(*) These two courses are taught in alternating years.
Humanities: History and Literature
TPS offers an integrated Elementary History and Literature curriculum. Combine this with TPS Writing 5 Adventures and Writing 6 Exploration for a complete Elementary History, Literature, Reading, and Writing program.
Grades 4-6: Elementary Humanities – History and Literature of the United States
Grades 4-6: Elementary Humanities – History and Literature of the Ancient World
Grades 5-7: Elementary Humanities – History and Literature of Asia and the Middle East
Grades 6-8: Christian World History – Heroes of the Faith
Grades 6-8: Globetrotters Geography
Grades 5-6: Elementary Spanish 1
Grades 5-6: Elementary Spanish 2
Art and Art History
Grades 6-8: Art and Artists
TPS Elementary courses are great preparation for TPS middle school courses, which are great preparation for TPS high school courses. TPS high school courses are unmatched for their effectiveness in preparing a student to do well in top colleges. If you are looking for a purposeful and enjoyable education for your young learner, please consider TPS Elementary.
To find more details on these and related courses, please select the “Elementary” category in our Course Catalog.