Transcripts and Diplomas
Any student of any nationality living anywhere in the world can earn a TPS high school diploma with an accredited transcript recognized around the world.
Are you seeking the strongest high school transcript you can for your student? Please consider our recommendations for building a strong transcript. Don’t wait until just before high school — look ahead and start planning and preparing in middle school or even sooner.
When you are deciding what type and level of transcript (or diploma) you need, please see our transcript recommendations for applying to college.
Grade Reports and Transcripts
TPS provides grade reports and transcripts to meet a variety of diverse needs. If you are listing TPS on your transcript as one of your “schools,” you should get an official transcript (with a school profile included) from TPS. (If you don’t plan to submit official records from TPS, you should not list TPS as one of your schools.)
Grade Report (self-print, unsigned)
- Grades reported
- Final grade (percentage) for completed courses. No partial grade for uncompleted courses.
- No credits listed.
- Includes all TPS courses completed for grade or audit.
- Contains TPS name and logo.
- Available for printing or download as PDF anytime.
- Useful for adding to a self-made academic portfolio for one or more TPS courses to support a self-made homeschool transcript.
- Cost: Free
- Processing time: None (self-print from family account).
Official Transcript (signed, sealed, accreditation logos)
- Grades and credits reported
- Final grade (percentage) and credit for completed courses. No grade or partial credit for uncompleted courses.
- Includes all TPS courses completed for grade or audit.
- Mid-year transcript available for grade 12 students whose college requires it. A mid-year transcript will list in-progress grades and credits with a note stating that that they are “In Progress” only, with no partial or final grade or credit implied or awarded.
- Contains TPS name, logo, signature, and embossed seal.
- Contains logo of TPS accreditation (candidate member) from Middle States Association – Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools.
- Required for TPS Diploma students.
- Unofficial (no signature, seal, or accreditation logos) copy provided to family.
- Includes TPS School Profile for filing with college applications (provided upon request).
- $30 for first order (any number of courses). Fee includes initial setup and up to four email recipients. Unused emails may not be rolled over to subsequent orders. Email receipt not provided.
- $20 for transcript update. An update is any change in data, including changing name spelling or adding any number of academic years. Fee includes update and up to four email recipients. Unused emails may not be rolled over to subsequent orders. Email receipt not provided.
- $10 for subsequent request with no updates. Fee includes up to four email recipients. Email receipt not provided.
- Add-ons to any first order, update or subsequent request (may not be requested separately):
- Additional email recipients: $10 for up to four recipients (each block of up to four is $10). Unused emails may not be rolled over to subsequent orders. Email receipt not provided.
- Web site submit (upload): $5 per site
- Postal address: $10 per address. Delivery is not tracked.
- No rush orders or fees. No special shipping requests or fees.
- No refunds.
- Processing time: Approximately two weeks from when the request is correctly submitted and paid (may be longer during school breaks). No rush orders. Processing time estimates apply to email and web site submissions only. No time estimates are provided or implied for postal processing, delivery or receipt.
- To request a grade report (transcript) to be submitted to NCAA, see NCAA Grade Report option below.
- To request a transcript, please complete and submit this web page form.
NCAA Grade Report (approved NCAA format)
- This is a special report with its own requirements (set by NCAA), format and fee. It must be ordered and processed separately.
- You must register TPS as one of your schools in your NCAA account and then provide your NCAA student number to TPS. TPS will submit a signed transcript (grade report) directly to NCAA in their approved format.
- Grades and credits reported (set by NCAA requirements)
- Final grade (percentage) and credit for completed TPS NCAA-approved courses (see NCAA Requirements below to access the list of TPS NCAA-approved courses). No grade or partial credit for uncompleted courses.
- Must include all TPS NCAA-approved courses completed by the student, regardless of final grade.
- May not include any courses other than TPS NCAA-approved courses completed by the student.
- Contains TPS name, logo and signature. Meets all NCAA format and submission requirements.
- No final copy provided to family (you will review and approve a draft before it is submitted to NCAA by TPS).
- $15 per report
- No email recipients, postal addresses or web site submissions for this special report.
- No rush orders or fees.
- No refunds.
- Processing time: Approximately one calendar week from when the request is correctly submitted and paid (longer during school breaks). No rush orders.
- To request an NCAA Grade Report, please contact [email protected].
What type of transcript do you need for college applications? That depends on the college. As a general rule, an official transcript will be weighted more heavily than a self-generated one, especially if the transcript is from a recognized source with a strong academic reputation and School Profile. Please see this article for more information.
NCAA no longer accepts accredited transcripts to meet their requirements, and requires that all schools or courses are directly approved by the NCAA. TPS has NCAA approval, and a list of NCAA-approved TPS courses is available on the NCAA website. Please use the TPS six-digit NCAA code 850857 to locate TPS courses on the NCAA site.
If you took a course with TPS that is not on the approved list with NCAA, you may still submit the course to NCAA. However, in that case you must submit the course as taken at home, taught and evaluated by the parent. You must submit course information and grades from the parent, not from TPS. If you submit it as a course taught and evaluated by TPS, it will be rejected because it is not on the list. (In this instance TPS becomes a curriculum and tutorial support, but the parent has the primary teacher and evaluator role.)
To request that TPS provide a transcript of approved courses to NCAA, please write to [email protected] and include your NCAA student number.
Any student of any nationality living anywhere in the world can pursue a TPS high school diploma. The TPS diploma is a certification of academic accomplishment, showing that the student has completed a thorough set of TPS courses with a worldwide reputation for academic rigor.
A diploma is not a grade report or transcript, and is not required to be submitted with applications to U.S. colleges. However, it may be required in some international contexts where a student is required to be enrolled in a “diploma program.” For the U.S. homeschooler, the TPS diploma is a mark of considerable accomplishment, but not a graduation requirement. TPS Diploma students must also use the Accredited Transcript option listed above, because the transcript is required by colleges for admission.
TPS offers two levels of high school diploma — standard and honors. Both generally require the student to have taken most core courses through TPS for all four years of high school. Families desiring to pursue a TPS Diploma must work with a TPS Academic Adviser for all four years of high school, to ensure requirements are met annually.
To discuss diploma options for your students, please follow the guidance on this page for requesting a meeting with an academic adviser.