How To Submit Readiness Assessment Materials
Prerequisites and Requirements
- Review the course Prerequisites (listed in the Course Catalog for each course you are enrolling.
- If the student has successfully completed (or currently taking in good standing) the prerequisite prior course(s) in TPS, then a Readiness Assessment test is usually not required. In this case, TPS will review prior TPS course(s) to verify readiness and approve the enrollment.
- If the student has not successfully completed (or currently taking in good standing) the prerequisite prior course(s) in TPS, a Readiness Assessment test may be required. Even with a prior or current TPS course, an additional questionnaire may be required to provide essential enrollment information.
- Whenever Readiness Assessment materials are required, they should be submitted immediately (same day) with enrollment. (Please do not enroll in a course until you are ready to submit Readiness Assessment materials — if required — when you enroll. We do not provide or manage “extensions” for Readiness Assessment materials.
Submitting Readiness Assessment (Placement) Materials
Download the Readiness Assessment Test or Questionnaire
- Every TPS placement test or questionnaire is available for download from the Readiness or Placement section of the Course Catalog details for the course.
- All TPS placement documents are either doc/docx (“Word document”) or pdf (“PDF document”) format.
- “Word documents” require that your computer or device have MS Word or the free cross-platform Libre Office. Mac Pages and Google Doc will not be accepted.
- “PDF documents” require that your computer or device have the free cross-platform Adobe Reader using the Comment Tool. Other PDF writer programs should not be used.
- Please do not provide your student a Readiness Assessment test to review prior to taking the test.
- If you have trouble with the download, try right-clicking the link in the course catalog and using “Save As” to first bring the document to your computer or device. Then open the document using the appropriate program or app.
Complete the Readiness Assessment Test or Questionnaire
- Readiness Assessment tests are spot checks of prerequisite knowledge that should be retained and should not require study or review. Please do not provide your student an opportunity to study or review the material on a TPS Readiness Assessment test, as this will invalidate the validity of the spot check.
- A TPS Readiness Assessment test should be completed in a single proctored sitting with no books, notes, or study aids, and no prior exposure to the test content.
- Most placement tests or questionnaires require answers typed directly into the document.
- “Word documents” should be typed in MS Word or the free cross-platform Libre Office. Mac Pages and Google Doc will not be accepted.
- “PDF documents” should be typed in the free cross-platform Adobe Reader using the Comment Tool. Other PDF writer programs should not be used.
- Some placement tests (e.g., math tests) may require handwritten answers.
- Hand-written problem-solving is generally done on paper and then scanned to PDF.
- If you have a tablet and stylus, handwritten work may also be done directly on a “PDF document” using Adobe Acrobat Reader Comments Tool.
- If you require assistance with Word or PDF documents, or with scanning and submitting PDF documents, please visit TPS live support.
Submit (Upload) the Completed Readiness Assessment Test or Questionnaire
- The student must be enrolled in the course to submit Readiness Assessment materials for that course.
- Readiness Assessment materials must be submitted through this process.
- Emailed Readiness Assessment materials will not be processed.
- Requests for “extension” will also not be processed.
Submit (upload) your completed Readiness Assessment materials:
- Save the document to your computer or device to a location where you can find it again.
- Close the document and open it again. Review it to make sure it is complete.
- Close the document again prior to submitting.
- Go to your Family Account Enrolled Courses: www.pottersschool.org/mycourses
- Select the enrolled class “seat” for the student. (Note: If you do not click on a seat, the Upload Document button will not activate.)
- Below the list of enrolled seats is a Placement Documents window. Use the Upload Document button to submit a document. (You may submit as many documents as are needed. If you submit a replacement document, please add a note to the document itself that it is intended to replace a prior document because you may not delete documents once submitted.)
Verify a Submitted Readiness Assessment Test or Questionnaire Is Correctly Submitted
Submitted documents are listed in the Placement Documents window as a record of submission, and may be downloaded for verification of what was submitted.
Check Approval Status of an Enrollment
- Once a student is approved or disapproved for a course, the approval status will be shown in the upper window in the Approval field for each seat. Note that every seat in the same course for the same student (e.g., if the student is also on the Wait List in another section of the same course) will show the same status.
- If a student is disapproved for a course, selecting any seat in that course for that student will show a brief explanation in the Placement Messages view. Since disapproved seats are eventually dropped, this information will be available only briefly. However, it is also provided by email and remains available in your StudyPlace Messages.