TPS courses are designed to be attended live and interactively.
- We record our classes so a student who misses an occasional class can promptly review missed material.
- TPS college credit and AP courses — which are taken by older academically strong students — may be enrolled as Attendance Optional (i.e., viewing recordings in lieu of the live class attendance) with TPS approval.
- We expect students to employ good note-taking in class or while watching a recording. We also offer Study Skills courses to help students develop this and other essential academic skills.
- We do not provide recordings to be used in place of notetaking or to catch up after long periods of inattentiveness.
- Class recordings automatically delete after four calendar weeks (including break weeks) from the live class date.
- Our recordings reenact the class itself, including loading the actual whiteboard and chat, as well as all audio and slide sharing. This avoids the loss of resolution and fuzzy pixelated visuals you get from online classes recorded as standard video streams. This also means that you must be online using our classroom software to watch the recorded class, so you cannot save the recording to your computer or device, and you cannot play it back in a video player app.
- We do not record cameras in the classroom. We record class academic content without recording the cameras, to help safeguard the security and privacy of our students and staff.
- We also do not record “breakout rooms” where students may work together in small groups during a live class session.