TPS Academic Electives
There are some general electives which are so foundational that every student should consider taking them:
- Introductory Study and Online Skills (grades 5-7)
- Study Skills (grades 8-12)
- English Vocabulary from Latin and Greek Roots – A helpful course for students planning to major in a life science, medical, or applied health field, or for those with interest in western literature and history.
- Business Office Applications – Project-based introduction to using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Acrobat (or their equivalents) in college and career applications and projects.
- SAT / ACT Preparation (English) – Guided preparation and study for the English portions of the SAT and ACT exams.
- SAT / ACT Preparation (Math) – Guided preparation and study for the Math / Science portions of the SAT and ACT exams.
- College and Career Planning – Planning seminars for 2023-24.
- Personal Finance and Investments – New course 2023-24.
- Propositional Logic – The classic course using the classical standard text.
- Art of Argument – The classic follow-on to Propositional Logic.
- Constitutional Law (one semester)
We offer business, management, and leadership courses:
- Business Fundamentals – Your path to understanding business ownership and management starts here.
- Leadership and Management Principles – This course will not make you a capable leader or manager, but it will teach you what it takes to become one.
We also offer academic subject electives that you may also choose to use as core subjects on your homeschool transcript:
- American History in Fashion
- Children’s Literature Analysis and Composition
- Creative Writing
- Holocaust History Through Lit and Film
- How to Get Away with Murder (Trial Law)
- Photography – Beginner to Brilliant
- Street Law (Fundamentals of Law)
- Works of C.S. Lewis
You may also want to consider Bible and worldview courses:
- Starting Points – Thinking Biblically
- Bible Survey
- Apologetics (one semester)
- Theology Matters
- Worldviews in Movies, Music, Art and Social Media
TPS offers many other fantastic electives. You won’t be able to take them all, but you might want to try. To find more details on these and related courses, please select the “Academic Electives” category in our Course Catalog.